Jun 17, 2019
Okay I built a computer awhile ago about January it worked with zero problens for a long time till about a week about till now theres random times when my computer will boot and be fine and other times when it will not boot and will just have a white led on my motherboard which in the manual say is a VGA error but that cant be true because sometimes it still boots im really confused on what the issue is i brought it to a pc repair shop and they had no clue

Cpu- r7 1700x (so no onboard video)
Gpu- rx 470 msi gaming edition
Mobo- strix b450-f gaming from RoG
Ram is just 16gb of ddr4 3000mhz
Psu- evga 750 watt

No one i know of has any clue including that repair shop so any help would be so thanked, please

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Have you reseated the GPU? Could just be that it's slightly loose, and from time to time, isn't making a proper connection in the slot.

Realistically though, a "repair shop" should've stripped that system down and rebuilt/swapped components to test.

Jun 17, 2019
Have you reseated the GPU? Could just be that it's slightly loose, and from time to time, isn't making a proper connection in the slot.

Realistically though, a "repair shop" should've stripped that system down and rebuilt/swapped components to test.
Yeah I've been trying anything I could think of to fix it, ive reseated the gpu, ram, and cpu multiple times in a desperate attempt to get it to work at the times it randomly doesnt.

Jun 17, 2019
The biggest things ive tried is moving my ram to the secondary slota and that worked once then the same issue again so i put them back then once i quickly flipped the power switch on my psu off then back on and that also worked once then just back to the same issue if that helps anyone understand anything