[SOLVED] Help please

Jul 1, 2020
I have a Sapphire RX 470 MI 8gb. I am having a problem connecting it to 3 of my my motherboard: P5KPL-AM/PS, FM2-A75MA-P33, and AMI Q67 (I didn't get much info about this mobo)

So here's the thing. I have a GTX 650 TI that is working on my P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard that I'm currently using. This GTX 650 isn't working on my Q67 and P33 as well. But my GT9500 and GT9600 is working properly on it. This Sapphire RX 470 is working on my friend's motherboard with display. Even using an HDMI to VGA adaptor. Any possible problem with this?

Solution
I have a Sapphire RX 470 MI 8gb. I am having a problem connecting it to 3 of my my motherboard: P5KPL-AM/PS, FM2-A75MA-P33, and AMI Q67 (I didn't get much info about this mobo)

So here's the thing. I have a GTX 650 TI that is working on my P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard that I'm currently using. This GTX 650 isn't working on my Q67 and P33 as well. But my GT9500 and GT9600 is working properly on it. This Sapphire RX 470 is working on my friend's motherboard with display. Even using an HDMI to VGA adaptor. Any possible problem with this?
While all of your motherboards have PCIe, none of them have UEFI BIOS. My guess is that GPU doesn't like motherboards without UEFI BIOS.

Reactions: forceedge11
Solution
Jul 1, 2020
Hi! Thank you for your response. Is there a possible way to make this work? I'll check on bios again for settings and provide screenshots of my settings.
This is an issue especially with Sapphire cards. It seems that starting with some RX 400 GPUs Sapphire removed support for Legacy BIOS cards. https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1072991-graphic-cards-and-legacy-bios/ The amount of information available is limited but it is a know issue.

Upon checking for compatibility issues, I learned that my 3 mobos isn't compatible with my Rx470. There's a writing on it beside the name "UEFI" and I checked my mobos doesn't support UEFI. Thanks for your help, man. Appreciate it!

Reactions: jeremyj_83