[SOLVED] Help Please!!

Oct 18, 2020
I successfully installed an SSD
Using the bios i put the ssd as the booting system. I had cloned my old HDD and put it on the SSD. Whilst trying to wipe the HDD so the SSD would be the primary drive it wouldn’t let me because the main partition with 200GB of data was in the wrong drive (the E: was in the C: drive) so I thought I could just delete the C because it would be deleted anyway. Whilst in the process of that the computer went into automatic repair. I assume it’s because I didn’t migrate the os to the new SSD but I thought the cloning system would do that. I’ve clicked through all things in auto repair, and the command prompt and I’ve even been willing to restart the whole computer but it said the computer wouldn’t allow me to. One of the drives does have all the data, but to transfer the main file I would have to use a program to clone the partition, but obviously I can’t do that because I can’t access the computer. The program I used to clone the HDD was macrium reflect 7 free. Any ideas please how we can rectify?

Solution
Sounds to me like your previous OS installation is a total loss at this point. You need to do a clean install pretty certainly.

Disconnect the HDD entirely. Make sure the SSD is connected. Then, following the directions here:

Sounds to me like your previous OS installation is a total loss at this point. You need to do a clean install pretty certainly.

Disconnect the HDD entirely. Make sure the SSD is connected. Then, following the directions here:

Solution