fiask0

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
*I know this is the wrong forum, but nobody reads the forum this belongs in, so please don't flame me, just help me out*

I had an Intellimouse explorer, v2.0a, and whenever I used the scroll button, my system would do a hard lockup. Figuring it was the mouse, I went out and bought a new optical blue mouse, the simpler ones. However, to my amazement, the system still locks up whenever i use my scroll button on it. Does anyone have any fixes for this. I tried searching, but I couldn't find anything. Thanks.

augustus108

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003
I think u need to post your computer spec for other to try to help u.
Also, have u tried to re-install everything?
The lastest driver sometimes r worst, 'cause I download MouseWare 9.75 for my Cordless MouseMan Opt., and it didn't work properly, worst then 9.27(CD came with the mouse).

Did u update the driver? Sometimes it is required that u first uninstall the old driver.

Fresh install?

System Integration...yeah right, thanks to marketing, more confusion

fiask0

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
Alrighty, I have done the following:

1) I have reformatted and re-installed win2k pro
2) I have updated to IE6 sp1, and sp4 for win2k pro.
3) I have updated my drivers.

-- MSI TI-4200 , 45.33 drivers
-- Intellimouse 5.0 drivers
-- I have tried both 100hz and 85 hz for my refresh rates on my 19" Hitachi CM721F at 1024x768.

Here are my specs:

XP 1800+ thoroughbred OC'd to 2000+ *40 idle, 46 load
Asus a7n8x
512 pc2400 Corsair
Lite on 52x32x52
Microsoft Blue Optical Mouse
Antec True430W

------

It is still freezing up, but it doesn't seem like the computer freezes, just the video dies out and I have to reboot. I have not been able to load winXP, so im not sure if this is a problem specific to my win2k installation. If you have any other suggetsions, please advice. This problem just started out of the blue one night while reading some websites. I had not installed any software or hardware when this started. Thanks.

G

This might not help anything, but, is it a USB mouse, or does it just use the standard connections?

fiask0

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
Well, I've done the following.

1) Reinstalled win2k pro, still did the freeze thing
2) Installed XP Pro with SP1, still freezes
3) I have tried a differnet monitor, and a differnet mouse, and both still freeze.
4) I have the latest nforce2 drivers, nvidia drivers, bios revision 1006, and directX 9.0b.

Am I correct in thinking this is either memory or video card related now, or could it be a motherboard or processor problem. Here are my temps and other specs.

CPU - 44C
MOBO - 27C

12V - 12.096
5V - 5
3.3 - 3.28
VCORE - 1.552

I think these are pretty much inline, but what else could I look for? Thanks.

fiask0

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
Yeah, I tried a ps/2 mouse and the same thing still.

I have downloaded mozilla firebird, and I have not had one lockup yet. wierd huh.

splash

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Try starting your system is safe mode and ck for gohsts in
Device manager.also see if your having the same problem in safe mode this way you might be able to tell if it's a driver conflict.If the problem still apears then I would disable graphics acceliration for your video card and see if the problem still exsists.Plus do a harddrive test to see if you get error code.I would try every thing before condeming the mobo ,video card or memory.