HELP pls: Lenovo yoga 900 after software update doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2017
Hello,
I have a problem with starting my Lenovo yoga 900 after software update. The light on the power button is on (white) and the light beside also on (white).
I tried to follow your directions from this and other posts, fn+f2, f8, f9 and nothing works. The screen is totally black.

After using this strategy with 20sec power button pressing the little light turn off for a second, turns into red and gets back to white, but there's no reaction on the screen whatsoever. I did that when the computer was unplugged and the light on the power button is gone after 7 seconds. The second diode is off as well as the computer is not plugged.
After plugging it back, two lights turn on again and the same story happens.

Please I need your help. I bought it 6 months ago in Cambodia and I'm back in Europe. They say I have Australian warranty so I can't use it in Europe according to them. I'll be grateful for your help!
Paulina

Solution
Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.
Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.