Question HELP PLS !!!

Sep 18, 2019
My laptop is showing black and white dots. What happened was, my processor fan was not working, so I hit the laptop as that problem was very frequent and hitting it would solve it but one day, I hit it and the screen went blank. I panicked and force restarted.

The reboot was perfectly fine but when I opened a game, it started showing black and white dots. I again panicked and looked online for help and found that there might be a problem with the graphics card. So what I did was go into the device manager and disable the display driver of my AMD graphics card. The dots disappeared but I cannot play the game as now the game was running on intel and it was so slow(I couldn't play a game running at around 10 fps or even low).

I just want to play my games, can you please tell me what is the problem with my laptop. Any kind of help is appreciated. (It's my first time in this site and didn't know where to post it, so I just posted here). ( I don't even know how to post a screenshot in this, so sorry if I cannot provide you with a screenshot)

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
I am not sure I want to see screenshot.

Hitting pc to stop a fan eventually leads to damaging something, it sounds like in your case its GPU.

I would get it repaired at a shop, if you can. Its a physical problem and software can't help.

Kiril1512

Distinguished
I am not sure I want to see screenshot.

Hitting pc to stop a fan eventually leads to damaging something, it sounds like in your case its GPU.

I would get it repaired at a shop, if you can. Its a physical problem and software can't help.

This and try to play with an external monitor first to see if the GPU is the problem or is the screen.