[SOLVED] Help plz! The core frequency of my 2080 start dropping suddenly and cannot go back to the frequency I always used

Jan 19, 2019
I purchased my evga 2080 xc black in October last year and used for 3 months so far. I only use the OC scanner to overclock the gpu instead of manually overclocking and I never touch the core voltage to OC. The gpu could be stable at 2010mhz for months, but this morning when I turn on the PC and try to play battlefield v, I found the core frequency just suddenly dropped to 1965mhz. (it was even stable at 2010mhz last night before I turn off the PC.)

I tried to use the OC scanner in afterburner and precision x1 to recreate the curve, but the frequency just never go over 1965 mhz. I tried to use two separate PCI-e power cables instead of one with two headers, but it makes no difference. I tried to reinstall the drivers but does not work as well.

Does that mean this card has degraded?? I mean I just use this card for 3 months and always follow the curve generated by OC scanner for overclocking, and I never tried to push the limit using manually overclocking. Why the card could degrade so fast? Is it normal for a graphic card? or can I ask for RMA in this situation?

BTW, my PC setup is
i7 8700 + MSI z370 tomahawk
2x8gb corsair vengeance RGB pro @3000mhz
EVGA G3 650w
And my 2080 xc black used to be stable at 2010mhz @75 degrees c.

Solution
I honestly recommend a manual overclock. But just make sure temperatures don’t go over 80 and maybe turn the fan curve up. I would also try installing an older driver (1 before) to see if it’s a driver issue as a last resort if you want

winks42

Respectable
I honestly recommend a manual overclock. But just make sure temperatures don’t go over 80 and maybe turn the fan curve up. I would also try installing an older driver (1 before) to see if it’s a driver issue as a last resort if you want

Solution