Question Help plz very weird issue with pc

Dec 10, 2022
Hello friends this is my first time posting so sorry if I did something wrong. I recently have been running into an issue where my pc will not post. It started when I got a new desk and moved my rig to bring my new desk in, after that I hooked it up and it seemingly worked fine for about 2 days.

Then I began getting an issue where I would be in the middle of playing a game and my screen would just turn black and my audio would stop but my fans and rgb kept going fine. The weird thing was that it only happened on certain games (New world and MW2). I could play Overwatch for hours perfectly fine but I played 1 match of MW2 and it would crash. Then when I restarted it, it would instantly give me the black screen again upon booting windows. The only way I was able to get past that was to turn off the psu and turn it back on. Sometimes that wouldn’t even work but if I turned it on the next day it would let me back in. I know this sounds weird but it’s almost like it rested enough to be able to boot again (I know, weird but that’s how it felt) I reseated my ram and reset cmos and it worked for a while until I got the same symptoms. Also I reset windows through windows and that seemed to help for a bit as well.

So I took it to microcenter and they ran some tests and told me that my hardware came back good so that it was most likely a software issue and told me to update my drivers and if that didn’t work reinstall windows. So I brought it back and after about a week and a half of it not running, hooked it up and updated my drivers. I played Overwatch for hours as usual and then launched new world and played that for a while so I thought cool it’s fixed.

So I let it run for a little while to make sure and when I came back to check on it, I was on the windows sign in page. So I signed back in and it appeared as though my pc restarted again because new world was no longer running. Left it alone for another 15 minutes and I came back to the same black screens. So I tried the same turn psu off and on again a few times and it won’t post again. I check the debug light and most of the time it says cpu but sometimes the vga light will be on.

These are my specs
Corsair RM Series, RM750, 750 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply
MSI B550-A PRO ProSeries Motherboard (AMD AM4, DDR4, PCIe 4.0, SATA 6Gb/s, M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2, HDMI/DP, ATX)

3060 TI FE

Ryzen 5 5600x

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 Desktop Memory – Black

Sorry for the weird formatting

Any help would be appreciated, once again sorry for this abomination of a post, I’m on mobile because well ya know.