Help! Power Outage Killed My PC....Windows won't load...black screen with flashing horizontal white lines

WeAreBaked

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
So when I was in school last night we had a power outage and when I got home from school and restarted my PC windows would not load. I can get into the bios and boot options screen but nothing to do with windows itself. When I try to load windows the screen just goes black with a bunch of flashing horizontal white lines randomly around the screen. If I try a recovery disk it will first go black with a cursor in the corner for a couple minutes that reverts back to the horizontal white lines....When I run diagnostics the harddrive fails and gets a error code 7. I would like to fix the pc itself but will settle for a way to get files from the hard drive. I'm a gamemaker and was 2 weeks away from releasing my first game, 2 years of work and over 10,000 custom images drawn by me. Any information will be great because I have noidea what happened.

WeAreBaked

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
i had skype :p, the laptop atm I'm using can't run it well. My email is [don't post your email on a public forum] thou if you wanted to send me a suggestion. Or you can here if you want. I'll even give you a free copy of my game if you can help me get these files :p

WeAreBaked

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
didn't have any backups. But apple tech geek suggested I connect the hardrive to another PC and transfer the files which worked. Seems to be something with the windows load up sequence. All the files were intact but it just can't start windows. Also the power was surging on and off so I think the power cut off when it was booting up..Which seems to be a big nono with windows ten.

WeAreBaked

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
no, I didn't think to run any diagnostics because I saw the file and just grabbed for them, but the transfer was taking a while so I left it. You mean I should download a more indepth diagnostics onto the working PC and test the other HD when it's connected? I ordered a new PC and got the files so I'm not going to worry about the HD anymore. I can still run it thou if you think it will be beneficial for others or if you just want to know what the hell happened :p . Couldn't find anyone even talking about this online.