[SOLVED] Help ! Problem with laptop speakers !

Charles_77

Reputable
May 24, 2016
Hey there !

I have a MSI GL62M-7RD laptop. I recently realized that no sound is coming out of the speakers and it only works when I have headphones on.

I reinstalled Windows 10, but I got the same problem.

In the Sound Settings, the output is set up as the speakers, but no sound is coming out without headphones plugged in. The sound is not muted and I know that the speakers are not broken because they were working perfectly before.

Is there a driver or an update that I have to install ? Please advise.

Solution
make sure you have the latest MSI drivers and the latest BIOS installed.

check BIOS settings for audio or system devices and check if there is a enable/disable option or something similar for audio and that it is set correctly.

if there is a separate media controller section built-in to your keyboard, make sure the volume is turned up there.

in Windows > Control Panel > Sound:
select the Speakers "Properties" box(bottom-right corner).
on the General tab make sure "Device Usage" option is set to "Use this device (enable)".
make sure in the Levels tab that the levels are turned up.
check the Enhancements tab and try disabling anything that is enabled.
in the Advanced tab make sure it is set at a profile your...
make sure you have the latest MSI drivers and the latest BIOS installed.

check BIOS settings for audio or system devices and check if there is a enable/disable option or something similar for audio and that it is set correctly.

if there is a separate media controller section built-in to your keyboard, make sure the volume is turned up there.

in Windows > Control Panel > Sound:
select the Speakers "Properties" box(bottom-right corner).
on the General tab make sure "Device Usage" option is set to "Use this device (enable)".
make sure in the Levels tab that the levels are turned up.
check the Enhancements tab and try disabling anything that is enabled.
in the Advanced tab make sure it is set at a profile your laptop can handle, usually at or below 24 bit 4800Hz.
and in Spatial Sound tab set it to Off.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS