Help!! Problem with Ultra Card

G

I have been having this symbtom on and off ever since I got the card. When I first got it I benchmarked it on 3DWinBench 2000 got a score of 8850 on the average. The graphics through the benchmark were smooth and everything was fine. A couple days later when I was playing a game of mine(SinCity 3000) I noticied the game would slow down considerably and the frameswould slow. I ran the same benchmark again and noticed that the graphics in the benchmark would slow down as well which they had not done before and now the score was around 8000, It had dropped 850pts! I checked to see maybe if the DMA was set and changed it which corrected the problem however every couple of days it does the samething and now it just does it all the time. It drops and slows down gameplay considerably and I am not even using games that are demading on the card. I know that a Leadtek Geforce Ultra has a lot of muscle but something is going on that it is slowing it down. I got the latest drivers on it. Please let me know what is going on.

Thanks for your help
Javier

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It almost sounds like you have a very demanding program starting up at random. Next time you have the problem hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and a list of the programs that are running will pop up. Maybe you can figure out which one it is.

Suicide is painless...........