Question Help.. PSU fried?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Scrotie McBoogerballs

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2013
Okay, not sure if this is the right place to ask this..

I heard a loud 'pop' sound but not exactly sure where its coming from, maybe my room and i think from inside my desktop, and then my entire house had a blackout. Once we had electricity back up, i tried to switch on my comp but nothing is turning on. Been trying for an hour, took out my atx casing, blew out all the dust, i didnt see anything charred or anything. What could be happening? What should i do next? I am still thinking where that 'pop' sound is coming from? maybe the PSU? please help.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I should note that the problem isn't that the connector is damaged, that's not what having the wrong pinout does.

It should be the chip with the eight solder points. It should have a "25" somewhere on it since it's a Toshiba, but the resolution isn't good enough on your picture to tell.

Scrotie McBoogerballs

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2013
I should note that the problem isn't that the connector is damaged, that's not what having the wrong pinout does.

It should be the chip with the eight solder points. It should have a "25" somewhere on it since it's a Toshiba, but the resolution isn't good enough on your picture to tell.

Thanks . I think this should be the chip ( circled in red ) didn’t see anywhere else that has 8 solder points. Now to find someone who can do soldering .... sighhhhhh
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/320rTKx

TRENDING THREADS