[SOLVED] Help! Put in new PSU, loud pop, burning smell and now nothing

Jul 13, 2018
Hoping someone can tell me where to start. Our GPU (Nvidia 2060) was glitching a bit and so I stress-tested it, upon which the connection mid cable to the PSU smoked and we turned the whole thing off. Believing it might be the PSU I bought an upgraded PSU (750W from the 600W we had before). I installed this and stress tested the GPU again, but then there was a loud bang, a burning smell and then nothing would turn on. I put the old PSU back in, as that was working even after the smoke incident, but nothing.
Is anything salvagable? How do I know which bits are fried? Should I give up and start saving for a whole new set-up?

Hoping someone can tell me where to start. Our GPU (Nvidia 2060) was glitching a bit and so I stress-tested it, upon which the connection mid cable to the PSU smoked and we turned the whole thing off. Believing it might be the PSU I bought an upgraded PSU (750W from the 600W we had before). I installed this and stress tested the GPU again, but then there was a loud bang, a burning smell and then nothing would turn on. I put the old PSU back in, as that was working even after the smoke incident, but nothing.
Is anything salvagable? How do I know which bits are fried? Should I give up and start saving for a whole new set-up?
When you swapped the psu did you use the old cables or did you replace all the cables with the ones that came with the new psu?

List all PC specs.