[SOLVED] Help! Quadro vs GTX vs RTX vs ?

TimH77

Reputable
Jul 21, 2017
Hi,

I've upgraded my old Phenom II PC as much as I could and now I have waiting to install:

Ryzen 7 2700
MSI B450 Gaming Carbon Pro
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3200

I already have a Corsair CX750 and a GeForce 1050ti installed, which I bought both 9 months ago.

I'm currently using two HP2210 and plan to add a third monitor, 24-32."

I was going to wait and see how the 1050ti performed before making a change, but then was considering a Quadro P2000 after previously reading they are best for my type of application.

Yesterday I was checking benchmarks- 1050ti vs P2000, P2000 vs GTX 1060/70/80 and P2000 vs RTX 2060/70/80, plus Radeon cards and I'm even now confused! :-/

I know just the processor/mobo/RAM upgrade will be a big difference. I don't play games so most intense PC use will be live streaming, video creation (recording, editing rendering), and CAD/3D Printing.

1) Do I need a high end GPU, or is money better spent elsewhere?

2) What is my option for between $500 to $700?

3) Will RTX features benefit my application? Or an I better if with a better GTX card for the same price?

4) Quadro thoughts? Seems for $700 a GTX or RTX benchmarks better for gaming, but would that apply to my application?

5) Thoughts on Radeon?

6) Any other thoughts, or what features/specs I should be looking for to benefit my application?

Thanks,
Tim

Solution
If Gaming is NOT your main purpose/goal, then go for any of the QUADRO GPUs. No point in buying a GTX/RTX card. But for gaming, Quadro GPUs are not fully compatible, since they use a different set of drivers.

They may or may not work in games.

TimH77

Reputable
Jul 21, 2017
What I would do is look at what your software supports before making a decision. Sometimes the software will support nVidia but not Radeon. or the performance difference will be quite high.

What specifically are you talking about when saying 'see what your software will support?'

The only thing I rememberlooking for when previously upgrading to the 1050ti was making sure the powr supply could could run the GPU.