[SOLVED] Help: Quick Battery Drain and overheating

minun

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
I am trying to figure out what is causing my Nexus 5 to be hot (I saw 44C/111.2F at one point) and also why my battery drains so fast, like 100% to 83% in a couple minutes with screen-off idle

I installed GSam to try and figure out the direct cause but it is not very clear to me, what I got out of it is that my phone is draining around 22% per hour while screen-off idle

View: https://imgur.com/a/ZiS7NIo

I changed to a brand new battery yesterday

Any suggestions?

Solution
The software could also not be calibrated. I had a Moto X that would appear to drain super fast, but in reality once it hit 1%, it'd stay there for another 12 hours of use.

If you want to verify your battery is really draining that fast, use the phone until it dies.

Benjamin22044

Great
BANNED
Aug 17, 2020
Check the number of applications running on your smartphone. Maybe some application is consuming an extra amount of battery. Also. it can be an issue with the processor in the smartphone. Some Snapdragon processors literally wreak havoc on the battery of the smartphone and tend to drain it quickly.

The software could also not be calibrated. I had a Moto X that would appear to drain super fast, but in reality once it hit 1%, it'd stay there for another 12 hours of use.

If you want to verify your battery is really draining that fast, use the phone until it dies.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS