Help Radeon r9 270x crashing

gulli2020

Reputable
Apr 9, 2014
hi. I just got a new mother board gigabyte G1.sniper a88x and got new memory and a new cpu
and i started using my msi n260gtx graphic card and there were no problems at all. then i got the idea of upgrading so i got a new radeon r9 270x. I had no problems doing things on the desktop like movies or internet but when i play games the screen goes black. but the computer stays on when i check the graphic card all the fans are off (like it has no power anymore) but i have a etasis electronics 750w and that should be okei right? so i was hoping some one here might know what could be the problem?

pcuser1045

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
Your GPU Drivers could be out of date. Your system might still think the previous GPU is installed and for that reason cannot communicate with the R9 270X during extended periods of use. Normally, the CPU will run movies or internet videos and you won't actually see the graphics card being used at all in these circumstances. Go to the AMD site and download the latest driver or simply use the install disk. Otherwise, reset the GPU in the catalyst control center. Good luck

PhilGinge

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Did you completely uninstall the Old drivers before installing the new card? if not make sure they are totally removed as they could be causing the issue.

Did you install the latest drivers? grab the latest drivers from the AMD site (don't go Beta), but make sure you remove all previous drivers before installing the new ones.

But i guess it could also be a Power issue as it seems that under load its possibly not getting enough power? but a 750W PSU is more then enough.. unless its actually a jank PSU..? Not a name I'm familiar with but I'm no PSU guru!

Are all the additional power connectors all plugged in okay? My R9 270X needed 2* 6 Pin PCIE plugs connected.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!