[SOLVED] HELP - RAM OC Gone wrong ):

Aug 26, 2020
Hey,

So I made the stupid decision of downloading Ryzen master on my PC and decided to play with the RAM settings a bit. Since rebooting it will not POST at all, I've taken out my GPU and am using the onboard graphics and I still don't see anything.

Case fans all spin and RGB works. I've taken out the CMOS battery on the motherboard for about 45 minutes and then put it back in to no avail. from my MOBO (Asus B450M-A) manual it says to reset CMOS I have to short the CLRTC pins for about 10 seconds which I've done and still nothing. Kind of lost here. I've also tried taking one of the RAM dimms out and putting the remaining RAM dimm into a different slot, still nothing.

Solution
What CPU are you using in this system? Unless it is a model ending with a "G", then there is no integrated video adapter. Those motherboard ports only work when paired with a CPU ending in "G".

To clear the CMOS/BIOS, make sure you disconnect all power sources before the procedure (power cable, monitor, powered speakers, etc).

Then press the power button to discharge residual power in the system.

Next, pop out the motherboard battery and wait a minute or two.

Re-install the battery, reconnect previously removed items, power on. The BIOS should be back in its default state.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What CPU are you using in this system? Unless it is a model ending with a "G", then there is no integrated video adapter. Those motherboard ports only work when paired with a CPU ending in "G".

To clear the CMOS/BIOS, make sure you disconnect all power sources before the procedure (power cable, monitor, powered speakers, etc).

Then press the power button to discharge residual power in the system.

Next, pop out the motherboard battery and wait a minute or two.

Re-install the battery, reconnect previously removed items, power on. The BIOS should be back in its default state.

Solution