[SOLVED] Help. Ram speed decreased after upgrade

Dec 7, 2021
Hi. I'm trying to upgrade my ram.

The PC came with 1x8 gb stick 3200 MHz. It was running at 2666 (limited by both CPU and motherboard i think)

I then bought 2x8 gb 3000 MHz ram sticks but the ram speed is now limited to 2133. I cannot find XMP settings in bios and I'm afraid the bios doesn't have the option the enable XMP.

How do I get my new ram (2x8 gb)to run at the original 2666 MHz again?

CPU: Intel core i5-10400F

Motherboard: HP8767 (Intel h470)

New ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 C15 BK DC - 16G

I hope you can help

Solution
Yeah. It's a brand new set of Corsair ram kit. So they're identical.. Don't really know how to clear the bios. It's a pretty "lame" HP bios. Not really able to change that much in there.
Look close at the mobo there may be a bios clear jumper.

If not remove the bios bat for 15 mins.

How many ram slots are on the mobo?
Hi. I'm trying to upgrade my ram.

The PC came with 1x8 gb stick 3200 MHz. It was running at 2666 (limited by both CPU and motherboard i think)

I then bought 2x8 gb 3000 MHz ram sticks but the ram speed is now limited to 2133. I cannot find XMP settings in bios and I'm afraid the bios doesn't have the option the enable XMP.

How do I get my new ram (2x8 gb)to run at the original 2666 MHz again?

CPU: Intel core i5-10400F

Motherboard: HP8767 (Intel h470)

New ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 C15 BK DC - 16G

I hope you can help
Did these 2 ram sticks come as a kit or were they 2 separate sticks?
Try clearing the bios.

Ralston18

Titan
This motherboard?

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_h470-hd3_e_v1.pdf

Do verify that I found the applicable User Manual.

In any case, you must refer to the motherboard'sUser Guide/Manual for both supported RAM and supported RAM configurations.

With respect to the link I found the information appears on physically numbered Pages 6 and 9-10.

However, you should also visit the motherboard manufacturer's website for more up-to-date information.

Details matter so pay close attention for all fine print and warnings.

And also read/review the entire manual before actually doing anything... No harm in that and you may avoid some error of omission or commission.

Dec 7, 2021
Did these 2 ram sticks come as a kit or were they 2 separate sticks?
Try clearing the bios.
Yeah. It's a brand new set of Corsair ram kit. So they're identical.. Don't really know how to clear the bios. It's a pretty "lame" HP bios. Not really able to change that much in there.

TRENDING THREADS