[SOLVED] Help! Ram timing is different on Bios

Nov 6, 2020
This is my first time on Tomshardware so please go easy on me. So here's the question.
I recently upgraded my ram from a 2X4GB Corsair to a 2X8GB HyperX. But after replacing the rams, my computer would sometimes go BSOD and shut down. The error code would be IEQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL.
Had not idea what was that but I went looking into BIOS. And sure enough, It was the ram.
My M.I.T Current Status says that both Memory channel A and B are running 9,9,9,24. Which is the correct timing for my HyperX. But when I went into the advanced memory settings, the timings were different! It was from my old ram which is 11,11,11,28.
The DRAM Timing Selectable was set to AUTO. And I couldn't change it. How can I enable and manually change the timing settings into the correct one?
I am not a professional and the above diagnose was just a speculation by me of what the problem is. If it wasn't the problem of the above, then please give me a correct way of fixing it. Thank you.

eUYtsrR.jpg
GJzy8Vg.jpg

Solution
update the BIOS of your motherboard using q-flash within BIOS and a USB pen drive (fat32 and the BIOS file in the root folder)

the used RAM doesn´t support XMP, that´s why the option is not available in BIOS.

You have to set the RAM´s correct Jedec timing. Set it manually to 11, 11, 11, 28, 39 @ 1600MHz and 1.5Volt
If you can get into Windows with your old modules, download memtest86 and install it to a USB drive and test your new kit. If you get anything more than 0 errors return the ram for a new kit or refund.

Also, you installed the 2x8GB in the wrong slots if you wanted to run all 4 or just two modules in dual channel mode. They should be one open slot between them, usually in slots A2/B2. [CPU Socket] |A1|A2|B1|B2|

Find your motherboard model and follow the recommend configuration in the manual from the manufactures website.

reset the BIOS by jumper

get into BIOS and click on XMP profile

which Gigabyte board is it?

Also, you installed the 2x8GB in the wrong slots if you wanted to run all 4 or just two modules in dual channel mode. They should be one open slot between them, usually in slots A2/B2. [CPU Socket] |A1|A2|B1|B2|
This board requires to install into DIMM slots 1 and 2 or 3 and 4, so it´s correctly installed in dual channel mode
the counting is from left to right: 4 - 2 - 3 - 1

Didn't know the motherboard when I said the modules were installed wrong. I should have said it might be installed incorrectly.
Didn´t know it either, but Gigabyte 1155 boards have this configuration ;)

GA H77 DS3H. Where is XMP profile located at?
M.I.T. -> advanced memory settings -> Extrem memory profile (X.M.P) (click on disabled and chose profile 1 or 2)

Nov 6, 2020
Quick Update: I went into the advanced memory setting and turn 1 of the option from AUTO to Expert. After that, I was able to tweak the clock speed manually to 9,9,9,24. Hopefully it works. Not sure about the ones on the bottom tho, so I leave them on AUTO. Will try to use my PC now and see if there's any issue after this. If you see no further update, then its fixed.
Thank you everyone for the help given. Appreciate it!

update the BIOS of your motherboard using q-flash within BIOS and a USB pen drive (fat32 and the BIOS file in the root folder)

the used RAM doesn´t support XMP, that´s why the option is not available in BIOS.

You have to set the RAM´s correct Jedec timing. Set it manually to 11, 11, 11, 28, 39 @ 1600MHz and 1.5Volt

Solution