[SOLVED] Help Read Memory.dmp Kernel dump after BSOD (only with battlfield 5)

chouiny

Reputable
Aug 13, 2015
So i have this BSOD Watchdog clock timed out when i play Battlefield 5 ( Only this game)

it happen mostly when i start the game.. and rarely middle of gaming... Sometime i can play for hours and nothing happen.. then next day 10 BSOD.

i tried fresh install of windows 10 pro last night.. ( no success)

i7 4770k ( No OC)
16gb ram DDR3
GTX 1070 (up to date driver)
Mothebroard Maximus hero VII (updated bios)
PSU: Corsair TX650

Hope you guys can help me on what is causing this.. because its only with this game and i play this game a lot!

Here is a link to Memory dump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsIDv22QH4cUhx6Of2kk_jH8mY8l

Thank you.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsIDv22QH4cUhx6Of2kk_jH8mY8l

Solution
the cpu was having problem talking between cores inside the cpu and called a bugcheck.

the memory dump is corrupted, the raw stack overflowed
system indicated that it was up for 7 hours.

I would google "how to force a memory dump using a keyboard" make the registry setting changes, then boot the system, let it run for 15 minutes or so, then force a memory dump of the working system. I can take a quick look to see if I see any problems with the drivers.

you might want to update your motherboard bios and motherboard drivers before you start looking into the problem. (it is the most common fix for non virus related issues)(

run a Malwarebytes scan, and disable as many of the nvidia services as you can. Some crypto mining software...
the cpu was having problem talking between cores inside the cpu and called a bugcheck.

the memory dump is corrupted, the raw stack overflowed
system indicated that it was up for 7 hours.

I would google "how to force a memory dump using a keyboard" make the registry setting changes, then boot the system, let it run for 15 minutes or so, then force a memory dump of the working system. I can take a quick look to see if I see any problems with the drivers.

you might want to update your motherboard bios and motherboard drivers before you start looking into the problem. (it is the most common fix for non virus related issues)(

run a Malwarebytes scan, and disable as many of the nvidia services as you can. Some crypto mining software look like nvidia services and cause the nvidia drivers to fail. (they eat up the pagefile until the driver can not allocate virtual memory and fails)

generally you can see this in a memory dump but yours was corrupted and the info could not be read.

google for nvidia firmware update tool and see if it applies to your card.
(bug in displayport version, that required a gpu firmware update before you updated to the newer video driver)
(or your can roll back the driver version to a version before version 399 I think. )

the current nvidia driver 417 indicates a known bug related to a watchdog timeout when you have 2 video cards and a gtx 1080 ti card on a motherboard that uses a PLX chip.
I think a PLX chip is used to fake more pci lanes than the system really has.
kind of a PCI lane multiplexer. it moves the demand around but would change the timings.
and could be pretty tricky to resolve bugs since the hardware could miss signals in its electronics and just not respond. best to make it as easy as you can on the GPU by disabling any extra gpu using utilities. the newer the motherboard the more likely more hardware is being routed thru the pci/e and more likely that a bad old driver can mess up the whole system.
for example, a old usb driver would normally only knock out just the usb hub but with a new system it could hold up anything that uses the PCI/e interface. so a slow device could cause a delay in a fast device like a gpu. with a gpu a delay of 2 seconds will cause a bugcheck.
while a USB device would get 30 seconds to respond.
which brings up another point, if you changed any hardware, be sure and go into the bios and change any setting and change it back. this will force the bios to rescan your hardware and rebuild the database of hardware settings that it sends to windows.

Solution