Help "Reading" My post codes.

Julian Cecchetto

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
Hi there, like to start out saying, this system works, boots into windows. The only anomaly I notice is that if I tell it to restart it will hang on the windows loading screen after shutdown (the dots in a circle freeze and it never makes it to login). The Motherboard is a Supermicro X9DRi-LN4+ and I have two E5-2667 V2's in it, and an old R9 390. Ram is not ECC but it says it supports regular DIMM'S and it still boots fine obviously (though i'm planning on getting some RDIMM's soon. There are no errors reported by IPMI bar the fact that I don't run fans off the motherboard headers, due to the lackluster control in IPMI and straight up lack of it in Windows, however plugging in the fans A and B (CPU) makes no difference to the beeps.

When I post I am presented this beep code, and its quite fast and I am not quite sure how to read it, as it is quite long, when I parsed it out it seemed like groups as follows 2-2-1-5(slow)-5(very fast)-1-1-1, but that really didn't help me at all. Please have a listen and if you can shed some light on it I would greatly appreciate it.

The manual here, references appendix A for beep codes, but nothing there matches what I am hearing, and there are only 4 entries, so this is puzzling me. If i'm just being dumb, please show me what I have wrong, thanks.

https://www.supermicro.com/manuals/motherboard/C606_602/MNL-1258.pdf

This is am .m4a file, you can listen without downloading.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f_roJSzzBlwA1wkPRWM9qmZ_0hRSozd7/view?usp=sharing

Solution
If you know what manufacturer made your bios, try to search their bios error codes in google.
It used to be unified some days back, but since uefi entered the show, I'm not quite sure how does it work now.

RBuczynski

Reputable
Apr 4, 2016
If you know what manufacturer made your bios, try to search their bios error codes in google.
It used to be unified some days back, but since uefi entered the show, I'm not quite sure how does it work now.

Solution