Help regarding pentium g4560

Onepilot6

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
Hi friends
i am a casual gamer and want to make a budget gaming pc i want to know about pentium g4560 my only concern is its dual core and if i use it in my build today i will not going to upgrade it for the next six years at least will it be able to play future gaming titles please help me out. If any other processor you might recommend.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Agreed. A good example is to think about the 2nd generation i7-2600k, which is about 5-6 years old, and still seen as a decent cpu for gaming today. However, if you had a 2nd gen i5, i3, or pentium, etc, it may not compete with budget CPUs of today's generation. (The i5 may be barely holding on). So if you are looking for something to last you that many years, you pretty much need to build top of the line today, and the only thing you may need to upgrade in the future after a few years would be the GPU. I will tell you honestly right now that the pentium g4560 will not last you 6 years as a "Gaming" CPU.

So now you have to consider, is it better to build a $600 gaming system every 3 years, or one $1200 system every 6 years.

Hardware Brad

Notable
Jul 24, 2017
Agreed. A good example is to think about the 2nd generation i7-2600k, which is about 5-6 years old, and still seen as a decent cpu for gaming today. However, if you had a 2nd gen i5, i3, or pentium, etc, it may not compete with budget CPUs of today's generation. (The i5 may be barely holding on). So if you are looking for something to last you that many years, you pretty much need to build top of the line today, and the only thing you may need to upgrade in the future after a few years would be the GPU. I will tell you honestly right now that the pentium g4560 will not last you 6 years as a "Gaming" CPU.

So now you have to consider, is it better to build a $600 gaming system every 3 years, or one $1200 system every 6 years.

Solution

Hardware Brad

Notable
Jul 24, 2017
It is impossible to answer that because I am not sure what the system requirements of future games are, but the way things are going, with newer games starting to utilize more cores, I would say no. I would say max three years out of that CPU. Trying to play games at high settings even on todays games is difficult with that CPU. If you try to play a cpu intensive game like GTA V, Ashes of the Singularity, or BF1 (which are all games out now) that CPU will have a hard time keeping up and may notice lag at high settings. Three years from now that CPU may not even run the newest games at low.

TRENDING THREADS