Help Required: unsure what motherboard to buy

DrEnd

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
So as an influx of funds enter my bank account in a little over two months my first thought is "Buy new pc components" cause my system is half frankenstein right now since it was a budget build. I went digging for DDR3 motherboards supporting AMD Am3+ socket types not really wanting anything special just something in either all black, black and red or black and gold trying to keep to the theme.

I have and I found a few inlcuding the Asus 970 Pro board and the MSI extreme Gaming AMD 970 better known as the 970A Gaming Pro Carbon board. My price range for this is roughly 110 dollars which I'm sure for something good isn't a lot but seeing as my current board is a gigabyte micro atx with one fan port a single pci-e 2.0x16 and cost less than my gpu (not a good one mind you either) I think it's time to look at an upgrade even a minor one.

So I ask for your help here looking for a new board for my system, I will be looking myself mind you so I'm not just handing my work off to you all but I do need some help. I have a little wiggle room of around 40 dollars or so but I'd prefer to save some cash if I can and it also needs to be compatible with a water cooler. I'm asking this only because ive been digging and I find a good board only to see multiple DOA posts in comments on it as well as quite a few people getting post codes and bios errors when trying to swap boards.

Any and all help is appreciated and please even if you have the smallest bit of advice to offer then speak up. I'm still learning and any and all advice is appreciated

DrEnd

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
no offense but can I have some backup or assurance? I'm not exactly inclined to instantly take the first person on this site's advice