I have XP Home upgrade from 98 and I remember shutting off system restore
for something I did, and didn't re-start it. . . just uninstalled Roxio from
my computer for some problems with the program and now my 2 CD drives are
GONE. Can't do a restore from disc or anything.

Is there a way to reset the sys restore back to, say Feb? It only gives me
the point today when I turned it back on!

Really need help with this one!

Thanks,
christy :)

"Christy" <chillin541@home.com> wrote in message
> I have XP Home upgrade from 98 and I remember shutting off system restore
> for something I did, and didn't re-start it. . . just uninstalled Roxio
from
> my computer for some problems with the program and now my 2 CD drives are
> GONE. Can't do a restore from disc or anything.
>
> Is there a way to reset the sys restore back to, say Feb? It only gives
me
> the point today when I turned it back on!
>
> Really need help with this one!
>
> Thanks,
> christy :)

When you disabled System Restore, all restore points were deleted. This is
by design. They are nonrecoverable.

The problem with your disappearing CD drives is addressed in section 8 here;
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

Also, reinstall Roxio from your CDs and then run the updates
at www.roxio.com

"HillBillyBuddhist" <hillbillybuddhist@shoescolumbus.rr.com>
wrote in message
| "Christy" <chillin541@home.com> wrote in message
| > I have XP Home upgrade from 98 and I remember shutting
off system restore
| > for something I did, and didn't re-start it. . . just
uninstalled Roxio
| from
| > my computer for some problems with the program and now
my 2 CD drives are
| > GONE. Can't do a restore from disc or anything.
| >
| > Is there a way to reset the sys restore back to, say
Feb? It only gives
| me
| > the point today when I turned it back on!
| >
| > Really need help with this one!
| >
| > Thanks,
| > christy :)
|
| When you disabled System Restore, all restore points were
deleted. This is
| by design. They are nonrecoverable.
|
| The problem with your disappearing CD drives is addressed
in section 8 here;
| http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm
|
| --
|
| I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
| I was just trying to help.
| Please use your own best judgment before implementing any
suggestions or
| advice herein.
| No warranty is expressed or implied.
| Your mileage may vary.
| See store for details. :)
|
| Remove shoes to E-mail.

thank you very much, this worked perfectly!

christy :)

"HillBillyBuddhist" <hillbillybuddhist@shoescolumbus.rr.com> wrote in
message news:ufwGwcaGEHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
"Christy" <chillin541@home.com> wrote in message
> I have XP Home upgrade from 98 and I remember shutting off system restore
> for something I did, and didn't re-start it. . . just uninstalled Roxio
from
> my computer for some problems with the program and now my 2 CD drives are
> GONE. Can't do a restore from disc or anything.
>
> Is there a way to reset the sys restore back to, say Feb? It only gives
me
> the point today when I turned it back on!
>
> Really need help with this one!
>
> Thanks,
> christy :)

When you disabled System Restore, all restore points were deleted. This is
by design. They are nonrecoverable.

The problem with your disappearing CD drives is addressed in section 8 here;
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.