Sep 20, 2021
I have ROG GL10DH with 256 gb M.2
I want to buy the 2 TB SSD M.2 PCIE4.0 WD BLACK SN850 (it is having a big sales) and the guy who is the store technician said that my Motherboard won't read it.
he recommends I buy the 1tb instead. Is it true that I can't have the 2tb version? If so, I don't know the reason why as I'm not well educated on hardwares.
I really want that 2tb though.

Why would the motherboard that can read 1 tb and not allow 2 tb :(

I have ROG GL10DH with 256 gb M.2
I want to buy the 2 TB SSD M.2 PCIE4.0 WD BLACK SN850 (it is having a big sales) and the guy who is the store technician said that my Motherboard won't read it.
he recommends I buy the 1tb instead. Is it true that I can't have the 2tb version? If so, I don't know the reason why as I'm not well educated on hardwares.
I really want that 2tb though.

Why would the motherboard that can read 1 tb and not allow 2 tb :(
You could just buy the pcie 3.0 version instead of 4.0 version if you don't plan to replace the mobo into b550 series or x570.
Also it could be just a marketing strategy, your motherboard could take 2tb nvme drives.

Even crucial website list their 2tb nvme as one of the available upgrade path.

Sep 20, 2021
You could, but it wont run pcie 4.0, well if you wanted to save some bucks, go with the pcie 3.0 version instead, but if price difference is not alot, then go with it :D
Ahh yes, I'm just worried that it won't run at all.
I just ordered it for the price of 330 USD. So I feel like it's worth it.
Thank you very much

Reactions: Koekieezz

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS