[SOLVED] Help ROG GL10DH and 2tb SSD?

Sep 20, 2021
I have ROG GL10DH with 256 gb M.2
I want to buy the 2 TB SSD M.2 PCIE4.0 WD BLACK SN850 (it is having a big sales) and the guy who is the store technician said that my Motherboard won't read it.
he recommends I buy the 1tb instead. Is it true that I can't have the 2tb version? If so, I don't know the reason why as I'm not well educated on hardwares.
I really want that 2tb though.

Why would the motherboard that can read 1 tb and not allow 2 tb :(

Solution
I want to buy the 2 TB SSD M.2 PCIE4.0 WD BLACK SN850 (it is having a big sales) and the guy who is the store technician said that my Motherboard won't read it.
he recommends I buy the 1tb instead. Is it true that I can't have the 2tb version? If so, I don't know the reason why as I'm not well educated on hardwares.

You could just buy the pcie 3.0 version instead of 4.0 version if you don't plan to replace the mobo into b550 series or x570.
Also it could be just a marketing strategy, your motherboard could take 2tb nvme drives.

Even crucial website list their 2tb nvme as one of the available...

You could just buy the pcie 3.0 version instead of 4.0 version if you don't plan to replace the mobo into b550 series or x570.
Also it could be just a marketing strategy, your motherboard could take 2tb nvme drives.

Even crucial website list their 2tb nvme as one of the available upgrade path.

Solution