Question Help! Rufus caused system wide errors!

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
I tried to create a bootable windows flash drive using my 32GB transcend pen drive. Used rufus to create the bootable file from the windows iso file. But rufus crashed halfway and showed "The device is in use by another process: windows explorer.exe" error. Ever since then, I've been unable to use certain apps like Zoom, Google Chrome etc. Same story happened when I tried to run Rufus in my brother's laptop. But the apps that crash on his device is Adobe premier pro (adobe ipc broker runs into error).

I thought that unfinished rufus process caused the system wide instability and installed windows 10 again(kept previous user files). PC was running well for 3/4 days but today, chrome is unable to start showing the following error:
View: https://imgur.com/MirkdLC

I don't think Rufus is completely to be blamed as I was able to create a bootable flash drive on my friend's PC. And if it was, a new installation of windows should have fixed it. Or are there things that a normal windows installation can't reset unless I format C drive in the process?

Reinstalling chrome allows me to run chrome once(automatically runs Chrome after setup). But if I try to launch it again I get the same error.

Can anyone please help me?

CPU: Intel core i3 6100 (3.7ghz, dual core)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 (4gb, zotac OC)
RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Lpx DDR4 2400mhz
Motherboard: Gigabyte H110m-s2pv
Monitor: LG 22MP68VQ (1920X1080,60Hz)
PSU: Corsair VS450
HDD: 1TB internal + 512GB external (Used a case to convert to an external from laptop internal)

Last edited:

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
Btw, i was wondering if I could reset everything including windows files, registry, cache and all types of data files. I mean I want my pc the exact same way it arrived. It could save me the effort I have to put on troubleshooting. But i don't want the files on drives other than C will not be affected.