Question Help running gaming PC in a Big Rig T680

blaircroft

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
Hello not sure if this is the right place mayby someone can direct me. I need help running my gaming PC in my 2018 Kenworth T680. I'm no electrician or diesel mechanic but money is no object.

Computer specs:
-Case: Cooler master HAFX
-CPU: Intel I-7 9700k
-Mobo:Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi
-Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 1070GT
-PSU: Corsair AX760 80+ Platinum
-Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz
-Keyboard: CORSAIR K63 Wireless
-Mouse: Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
-Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU Abmiprz 27-inch

PFC:
CyberPower OR1500PFCLCD PFC Sinewave UPS System, 1500VA/1050W, 8 Outlets, AVR, Mini-Tower

Inverter:
Tundra M1500 Motified Sine Wave

Truck APU:
Thermo King Tri Pac

I am also running a Whirlpool 2.7 CU mini refrigerator.

Okay so obviously my truck is set up for the 4 batteries to supply the inverter and the Apu is set up to supply the truck batteries. There is no issue here.

-The inverter powers the PFC which provides clean power to my desktop. This is where the problem is. The inverter inconsistently surges and kicks off leaving the PSU to drain. This happens regardless if the mini refrigerator is also plugged in.

-I have both the PFC and the mini refrigerator plugged into a regular extension cord which is plugged into the inverter.

-The tower and the monitor is plugged into the PFC

I'm aware the problem could be anywhere from the inverter, to the extension cord, to the tower PSU. Or all of it. I added the PFC last year which worked quite well for months until one day it didn't. Sometimes it works for hours without issue.

blaircroft

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
Just like your PC, first question might be could the inverter be overheating?

Yes the inverter becomes very hot when the PC is turned on I assume it's under maximum load and surges a temp fault.

The LED display shows output at 14V 50 watts with the PC off

14V 126W with just the tower on

14V 153W with the tower and monitor on

Under game load 14V and surges up to 253W and trips the over temp fault.