Question Help running old windows on AMD Ryzen 3

Ok i may have been expecting a lot.i prob am lucky i have been able to get as far as i have. I can open programs like notepad from cmd and run some other things. I will focus more on a clean install since i have an install cd, or installing windows xp. I know it will be hard but is there any way to get drivers for ryzen? I may try this on my i5 3337u laptop since at least intel made that cpus graphics drivers for xp (+ vista in compatability mode) and the touchpad in that laptop uses ps2 meaning it may operate out of the box. Since gpu drivers exist for xp im assuming more drivers exist. The laptop may be a more reasonable route, so where can i get usb and sata drivers (ill use xp sp3 with sata suport) for that, which may exist.

Ok so i have concidered xp on this laptop even more since it should be easier. Here is the page for the laptop. Mine has the same cpu, screen, likely mobo and drives. Mine just comes with 2gb more ddr3. https://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1200005650&osId=50 this has both withdows xp, vista, 7 and newer drivers. Intel has display drivers aswell. My question is, what drivers would i need for xp and which wouldnt i. I could use n lite to inject the drivers into the install iso or disc, which i may buy off ebay.

USAFRet

Titan
Ok so i have concidered xp on this laptop even more since it should be easier. Here is the page for the laptop. Mine has the same cpu, screen, likely mobo and drives. Mine just comes with 2gb more ddr3. https://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1200005650&osId=50 this has both withdows xp, vista, 7 and newer drivers. Intel has display drivers aswell. My question is, what drivers would i need for xp and which wouldnt i. I could use n lite to inject the drivers into the install iso or disc, which i may buy off ebay.

I would suggest downloading all of them, and see what happens.
You don't need to inject them...the XP install should be enough to get up and running. Then install whatever drivers it needs.

Be careful about what XP install DVD you get. I imagine a LOT of them in the wild are not 100% malware free.

One other quick qustion: Will a 32 bit xp professional sp3 copy work in that laptop, and if so what limitations will i have? The laptop has a 4 thread cpu and 8gb of ram in 2 4gb modules. I may swap one of the 4gb modules out for an 8gb module i have lying around for 12gb total ram. I dont care if only certain amount of ram is usable as long as the other limits arent too restrictive. It has a sata hdd, which the copy of xp professional 32 bit sp3 i plan to get should support. The version i plan to get has updates untill 2013, year before Microsoft pulled the plug on xp so to speak.

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
One other quick qustion: Will a 32 bit xp professional sp3 copy work in that laptop, and if so what limitations will i have? The laptop has a 4 thread cpu and 8gb of ram in 2 4gb modules. I may swap one of the 4gb modules out for an 8gb module i have lying around for 12gb total ram. I dont care if only certain amount of ram is usable as long as the other limits arent too restrictive. It has a sata hdd, which the copy of xp professional 32 bit sp3 i plan to get should support. The version i plan to get has updates untill 2013, year before Microsoft pulled the plug on xp so to speak.

32bit OS can only use ~3.5GB RAM. Any more is simply a waste of hardware.

And XP should not be run as the main OS on any system exposed to the internet. It is just asking to be hacked.