HELP! Ryzen 1600 horrible gaming performance, High FPS but super choppy

chupababa

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
hey guys, here is the system. i have no idea what to do at this point, this is my 7th pc build and ive never encountered anything like this before.

MSI B350m gaming
ryzen 1600 NOT OC
8gb gskill Ripjaw 4 @ 3200 (running 2400 thru xmp in bios)
samsung 850 evo 250gb
EVGA GQ 650w psu
MSI Armor rx 580 4gb

ive tested the graphics card in my own system and it was flawless so that is ruled out, the psu is ruled out since it powers. i dont know if this cpu is defective or if theres some setting im missing in the bios. CS GO is so choppy its unplayable, major screen tearing, this pc is hooked up to my exact home setup with an i5 2400 and runs like its a CPU thats 4 years older than that. any help would be appreciated greatly. if there some kind of test i can do to see if the CPU is running correctly?

tested overwatch on epic and it runs it at high frames but theres just crazy delay, runs fine on medium. Im pretty lost at this point, this is my first amd build, i did have to replace the motherboard since the last one got bricked from a chipset update. The CPU ez debug light goes off upon startup, takes like 15 secs to get to post
i need to get this fixed asap as i built this pc for my boss, this is stressing me tf out at the moment

Solution
First of all try updating your drivers and if that doesn't work there are a few other possibilities.

Choppiness is generally caused by the GPU not the CPU but one thing to take note of is that Ryzen really likes high speed memory so putting your ram at the default 3200mhz speed may help. Wile in game try running Hw-Monitor to see if you are overheating either component.

chupababa

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

all the drivers are updated, ill try reinstalling the GPU drivers. Motherboard chipset is updated, windows creators updated fully. the parts arent overheating, been running prime 95 all night and CPU is stable 70C at max load. GPU went up to 70C while gaming but that is not bad.

and i havent been able to set the ram at 3200 because the system will not post.

I still think this is probably either a GPU or PCI-E based issue. try a different card in the same slot if the issue persists move then it is a board issue. if it stops try the 580 in a different machine and see if it is the card that is having problems.

A third possibility is that it is a ram issue. If you cant get ram known to work on that board up to its base clock there is quite possibly an issue and it is possible that the kit is just functional enough to work but not properly

Solution