[SOLVED] Help!SEAGATE BARRACUDA problem and clicking sound

Mar 28, 2020
Hello!
I have a problem with my seagate barracuda drive.The sound it makes is strange and i am not sure if the hdd is dying. It started like a year ago, when i had a cryptovirus then i formated it amd it started working properly again. One month ago the drive started doing this again. Every time it's sooooo slow. Every software or windows tool for hdd health says that the hdd is in a good condition and there is no problems with it. I had changed the SATAs few times.
For the last week the hdd was fully alive, but today had started being bad again . I don't know should i replace it and give me some ideas for a good hdd.
How to know if the problem is not in the hdd?
PC specifications:i5 7400 , GTX1050TI, B250mPRO4 ASRock, seagate barracuda drive 1TB, 2x4DDR4 Adata, Segotep 500WH PSU,
There is a video of the sound:
View: https://youtu.be/g6jeNVl-PC8

Last edited:
Solution
Yes, when the drive runs into a bad sector it begins trying to recover the data from that sector, many consumer drives do not stop trying and get stuck; trying to read it over and over and over...
Mar 28, 2020
Yes, when the drive runs into a bad sector it begins trying to recover the data from that sector, many consumer drives do not stop trying and get stuck; trying to read it over and over and over...
So the only thing i can do is to replace it with a new one. Should i choose WD this time?

popatim

Titan
That choice is yours to make. I'm a WD fan mainly because of how well they have handled the few warranty returns I've had to make and how much easier they are to work with for data recovery. I don't know if that will still hold true with all these SMR drives coming out now though.

Reactions: Gromperski
Mar 28, 2020
That choice is yours to make. I'm a WD fan mainly because of how well they have handled the few warranty returns I've had to make and how much easier they are to work with for data recovery. I don't know if that will still hold true with all these SMR drives coming out now though.
Thank you so much