HELP! Second Monitor can't be detected!

xstealthshotx

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
Just finished building my own PC and everything seems to be in order except that my second monitor can't be detected when on the screen resolution page. My first monitor is hooked up to my graphics card through DVI-I cable and I'm also trying to do hook up a DVI-I cable between my second monitor and my motherboard but when I do the motherboard can't seem to detect it. Please help!
MotherBoard: Asus Z97M-Plus
Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 750ti
First Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster
Second Monitor: Dell SP2309W

You may not, in most cases, be able to use both the motherboard and GPU outputs. Sometimes it must be one or the other. Sometimes they can both be used but it depends on the board. Go into your BIOS and see if there is an option to enable BOTH the PCI and integrated graphics adapters. Otherwise, if you cannot, you will need to use one of the other outputs on the GPU to drive the second display.

xstealthshotx

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
Alright I enabled it, but it still can't detect the second monitor when I pull up screen resolution
Also when going into graphics config on my BIOS it gives me the option to change my primary display to either Auto, CPU graphics, PCI, or PCIE. Right now it's set to Auto which I think that means it both PCI and PCIE

Primary display should be set to PCIe. What is the model number of your GPU?

Go back into the BIOS, set the primary adapter to PCIe, save settings, then restart, go back into the BIOS and make the settings held? Then reboot and try the monitor again. Make sure to select "extend these displays" in the dropdown box.

Also, make sure you've installed the latest drivers from here:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/80913/en-us

Solution