Help selecting Internet plan.

Somveer Balyan

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014
I'm currently using a plan with 2mbps of speed with a FUP of 40 gb and 512 kbps after that.
Now i'm thinking to move on to a 1mbps plan with no FUP .
I gernerally use upto 60gb per month.
So is this a good idea? both are of same price.

Solution
2m is extremely small now days. You can't even stream video well at that rate. Then again if you were to run at 10m you could wipe a 40Gb cap in a couple days.

It really depends on how bad it is when you get forced to 512k. If you can function at that rate then 1mb all the time will likely be better.

Your average speed on the 40g cap plan is 1.5m when you are using 60g. The break even point is 80GB and at 100GB the 1mbps plan has a higher average speed.
2m is extremely small now days. You can't even stream video well at that rate. Then again if you were to run at 10m you could wipe a 40Gb cap in a couple days.

It really depends on how bad it is when you get forced to 512k. If you can function at that rate then 1mb all the time will likely be better.

Your average speed on the 40g cap plan is 1.5m when you are using 60g. The break even point is 80GB and at 100GB the 1mbps plan has a higher average speed.

Solution

Somveer Balyan

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014

Here 2mbps is a good speed and i'm happy with it.Just that the things get very frustrated when it goes down to 512kbps and also there's the thing at the back of mind that i can't download things so save fup.

This says you want to stay where you are.

I have no incentive to change your mind.