Help setting up my Graphic Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael06

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Hello yall I just built me a New Gaming Computer on Sat & im having trouble with some things here is the spec of my PC

Gigabyte 970A-UD3 Socket AM3+ 970 atx amd motherboard

Amd Phenom II X4 840 Quad-core Processor 3.2Ghz Overclock it to 3.8ghz

Corsair
Hydro Series H70 High Performance Water CPU Cooler

Patriot G Series Sector 5 4Gb DDR3-1600mhz
Timing 8-9-8-24

EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Superclocked 1GB GDDR5 Graphic Card

Hitachi 500Gb 7200rpm 16MB Cache Sata 3.0Gb/s 3.5 Internal
hard drive

Ocz ModXStream Pro 700Watt ATX Power Supply

Antec Gaming Case W/ Blue Neon Lights

LG 22x Dvd Burner+Dual Layer

I got everything set up & im looking at the amd overdrive & I look into the GPu Status & my graphic card is not operating on amd overdrive? I open up a different program & my graphic card is showing it working & the clock setting is at 0mhz & Shader Clock 0mhz I need help setting it up & try to go into bios to find the setting of it but cant find it no where!! Also on my motherboard my usb keyboard keeps shutting off & on & I go to look on Amd Overdrive the Diagram & my PCIe is not showing also my other usb is not showing on the diagram!! Can someone help me out I would post pic but i dont see how to attach them or even try to show yall what problems im having!!

michael06

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
oh ya ok thank you for letting me know that nvidia wont work for amd overdrive But i went to that link & that not the problem that im having trouble with!! Do you know the Diagram on the Amd overdrive? my Pcie card is not showing there & my other usb plug in... on window 7 gadgets I have a Gpu Meter it showing my Gpu clock is 0mhz
also Shader clock 0mhz also how do I change the setting?

michael06

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Im pretty sure I do it showing that it is working but the clock setting are at 0mhz even the shader clock 0mhz!! do you know the diagram on amd overdrive it shows the pcie not there & my other usb stuff not showing my keyboard keeys turning off & on idk what to do!! I have it graphic setup on Peg if you know what that is?

michael06

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Oh ya Damn well I have used that program before it showing the PCi-e is 1.1x16 my graphic card is a 2.0 dont know why its showing 1.1x16??? the GPu clock speed is at 100mhz memory clock 1026 & the Shader clock is 135mhz... Im on a different program called CPU-Z & im on the graphic its shows on default Clocks
Core 50mhz
Shaders 101mhz
Memory 135mhz

michael06

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Is the Graphic Card suppose to Run at what clocks they are when you first start the computer or when you are testing it for benchmark? cause when I test it the clocks speeds jumps where its suppose to be at it shows that it working & the Temp is like 64 does that mean its working? or are you suppose to set up the clock speed of the graphic card the way it suppose to be?

brianmz

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
Your card is working, those are the idle clocks, they go up, with 2d usage and 3d usage.

When you are under full load, like gaming, your clocks should be:

Core Clock: 850MHz
Shader Clock: 1700MHz
Memory Clock: 2052mhz

For your card at stock settings

And there is also a midle ground(2d) when you are watching vids, surfing the web and what not.

michael06

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
ya ok it seems to be working cause i been playing alot of games! On the amd overdrive the diagram you know its showing that the pci-e not showing & my usb ports keep turning off my keyboards & mouse & stuff why is that? do I have to update bios or something update the drivers?

michael06

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
I got this gadget for window 7 its a Gpu meter its showing that my Gpu clock is 0mhz
Shader Clock 0mhz also I dont know if i have to change the settings in the bios or not? my computer is acting weird here & there someone just told me to update my graphic driver card i Did then i restarted my computer I had my computer overclock at 3.8ghz & when I restarted everything in the bios restarted itself idk whats going on?

brianmz

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011

That's odd, try updating your motherboard's bios, and for monitoring your GPU download MSI afterburner or EVGA precision.

michael06

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Ya so Far updated bios I think I went to my motherboard website downloaded this gigabyte driveragent scan reults came back saying
Display adapters
nvidia geforce Gtx 560 old

IDe ata/atapi controllers
standard dual channel pci ide controller old
standard dual channel pci ide controller old

Disconnected Devices
Generic PnP Monitor Old
Hid- Compliant Mouse Old
Usb Input Device Old

I dont know why all this says old? everything else is check green meaning that the driver or something is good!! what can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.