Question Help setting up my new monitors to dual PCs

Nov 23, 2019
I just bought two Samsung CF397 monitors. They each have 1 HDMI & 1 Displayport. I need to be able to switch between my work laptop's docking station (1 VGA and 1 HDMI or Displayport toggle) and my home PC using the input functions on the monitor. My home computer is a laptop with 1 HDMI port, so I'll need to get a docking station I assume.

I need to be able to have 1 monitor up for each or both for one or the other at any point in time. For this reason, I don't think a KVM switch will work.

Are there any number of contraptions, converters, docking stations, switches, etc. that can do this? I don't care which computer is plugged into which monitor inputs as long as I can switch
them back and forth individually as needed.

Right now, I have my work computer going from display port > display port monitor and VGA > HDMI converter > HDMI monitor so both screens work. I need to somehow figure out how to finish the setup.

Sorry if this sounds all complicated but I need help :)

Feb 17, 2020
I have a peaq monitor - and it has vga and hdmi input but no switches on the front - but an on and off switch wit blue led on back.. look the switch funktions like a joistick... here you have all funktions of the hardware - contrast - brighness sound - and change the input - if its not possible to do it with the laptop.. i have two old computers - for my data and a windows ten thinkpad - connected nice with hdmi... the others approach is much too complicated - deal not like me with stoneage and steam pcs i modificate again and again... try the only switch ... per software - or browser - you may end in darkness... on the screen...