Help !Setup for dormitory

May 5, 2018
I live in a dorm room with other two members . But we have only one Ethernet port on the wall. We have connected a router with basic settings .After connecting to router , a loginpage appears in browser to sign in to the network . If any of us signs in to the network , we can have internet through our wireless device but speed is low and it seems we are not using the network at its best speed . At the same time other two members dont need to sign in to network , because the login page doesn't appear anymore . Is there a possible way that we can use the net connection separately signing in to the network ? We all have different login usernames and passwords .

Solution
Use the router as a AP. When you use it as a router you all share a single IP. When you use it a AP the dorm network will see each devices mac address and prompt for user/password.

Now this will work as long as they do not lock the ethernet port to a single mac address....I suspect they don't because of the login page. They will likely prefer you to run it as a AP so that multiple people do not share a userid.

Lutfij

Titan
You will need to know a few things:
1| What's the speed of your internet connection in your dorm?
2| What is the make and model of your router?
3| Are your referring to a log in page that resides on the dorms network? If so then you will need to know how the rest in your dorm are running off one ethernet connection.

Use the router as a AP. When you use it as a router you all share a single IP. When you use it a AP the dorm network will see each devices mac address and prompt for user/password.

Now this will work as long as they do not lock the ethernet port to a single mac address....I suspect they don't because of the login page. They will likely prefer you to run it as a AP so that multiple people do not share a userid.

Solution