HELP! --Some AMD 970 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Vishera CPUs.--

TheBerry

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016
First PC I build, and this is preventing me from buying the list
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/tLgHNN
I just want to make sure that the Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ motherboard is compatible with the FX-6300 AMD CPU without having to update my motherboard's BIOS. Thank you guys.

--link has been changed. excuse me

Solution
link work for me and motherboard need bios 1006 and there are more bios after this one so you should be ok the thing i would chang is memory for a dual kit and see if you could get a wd black for around the same price for hdd .

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Basically yes, unless you are buying a motherboard that was manufactured 4 years ago before all these CPUs were out, as they manufacture new boards they provide upgraded BIOS chips already in them.

I guess its possible if you manage to find one thats been sitting on a shelf for 4 years, but I have yet to hear of it happening.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
link work for me and motherboard need bios 1006 and there are more bios after this one so you should be ok the thing i would chang is memory for a dual kit and see if you could get a wd black for around the same price for hdd .

Solution

TRENDING THREADS