HELP! sony hi8 camera freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2018
so I found my moms old *sony hi8 camcorder* and it seems to work fine until I try to playback a cassette which are *hi8 8mm. 120 video hi8. 60 digital 8*. I'm not sure what that means but it might be relevant.

in any case when i try to play it back it freezes and it tells me to reinsert the cassette. or if I try to rewind or fast forward it. the same thing happens.

a few minutes before that happend it wouldn't play it would show a blue screen. no audio or video but if I fast forwarded it or go back I would be able to see the video.

I tried taking the battery out. tried my best to clean it. with just a plain Qtip cause I didn't want to risk anymore damage but still nothing. please help. it would mean alot to see these old memorie again.

May 13, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from japhybutt : "HELP! sony hi8 camera not working"

basically it "plays" the video like one frame of it and it freezes instantly. I looked more into it and it seems like the film isn't moving. the cassette isn't turning. what's wrong with it and how do I fix it. I'm pretty tech savvy so if you could even point me in the right direction. also hitting it doesn't work. please and thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS