HELP! Startup Repair loop, can't re-install Windows. [Locale ID: 1033] [Signature 07: Corrupt file]

Monty_Python

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
Hey guys,

Been having one hell of a problem lately with trying to get my PC to boot to Windows. I turned it on one day and it just went straight into the Windows Repair Screen checking for errors/corrupt files etc...

Windows said there were no errors and gives me the option to re-start or shut down. It then takes me back into the Repair Screen and does the same thing all over again!

Things I have tried so far to fix the issue:

1. Gone into the advanced repair screen and used the command prompt to enter the following commands:

bootrec.exe /fixboot
bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd

All applied successfully, I then re-ran the Start up repair tool again before re-booting, only for the same thing to happen.

2. Completely formatted C: Drive and tried to re-install Windows only to receive:
"Windows cannot install the required files, the file may be missing or corrupt."

3. Burnt the same copy of Windows onto a different disk, same error as above.

4. Made a USB boot disk for Ubuntu OS which wouldn't boot because "Boot Dev MGR is missing, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to restart".

5. Removed the HDD in case of bad sectors and replaced it with new one.

6. Installed Windows OS on the NEW drive and got the same error: "Windows cannot install the required files, the file may be missing or corrupt. Error Code: 0x80070017"

....Any ideas folks?

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
The OS disk might have been an upgrade disk to which you need to initiate it from within the desktop environment, you can't boot from it.
Formatting due to an error is a hasty decision, one that should only be done as a last resort. Without a bootable repair disk, you may have to actually purchase a full version of Windows 7.

Monty_Python

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
It's not, the disk I'm using is a full version of Windows 7 32bit, I've used it to install Windows on various machines including this one.