[SOLVED] Help: Store gaming pc for later use, or sell?

maz89

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
I'll be moving to another country for a year and will not have time to play games for at least 12-18 months.

My current set up is as follows:
i7 7700K @ 4.5 Ghz | Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Strix Z270F | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 |
Acer Predator XB1 27" | Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000 MHz | Samsung 850 EVO
500GB | 2 TB WD Green | Corsair Lux RGB K70 | Razer Mamba TE | Seasonic M12ii
620W | HAF 922

I'll hold on to the hard drives, SSD, mouse and keyboard, probably get rid of the gaming card, but what about the CPU/cooler/motherboard/RAM/PSU? My future budget would be justified only if I'd get a significant fps improvement, but these items, beyond a certain level, don't generally affect gaming performance much. Thoughts?

Solution
Keep it for those favourite games you play now and perhaps in the future.

Farcry 4 has trouble with 16+ cores causing the game not to run. Not sure if other games are heading the same way.

I'll be keeping my 920 system and 2600k with win7 long past 2020 (i hope).

Other ideas, being garage pc and lanning with mates (if adequate room), else the tower can be stored in a cupboard. Only problem is SSDs need power every now and then otherwise they can fail after long time of no power.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Keep it for those favourite games you play now and perhaps in the future.

Farcry 4 has trouble with 16+ cores causing the game not to run. Not sure if other games are heading the same way.

I'll be keeping my 920 system and 2600k with win7 long past 2020 (i hope).

Other ideas, being garage pc and lanning with mates (if adequate room), else the tower can be stored in a cupboard. Only problem is SSDs need power every now and then otherwise they can fail after long time of no power.

Solution