Help stuck in loop

Garry_11

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
My acer aspirev5 is stuck in a preparing automatic repair loop how do I get out of this an how long do you hold down the buttons down for eg: f8

Solution
You need to access the Boot Menu (Guide: http://www.howtogeek.com/126016/three-ways-to-access-the-windows-8-boot-options-menu/). Once you do:

Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced Options.
Select Command Prompt from list of options.
When Command Prompt appears, enter the following lines and press Enter after each line in order to run it:
bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /fixboot
Some users are also suggesting that you need to run additional chkdsk commands as well. To perform these commands, you need to know drive letters for all your hard drive partitions. In Command Prompt you should enter the following (but remember to use the letters that match your hard drive partitions on your PC):
chkdsk /r c:
chkdsk /r d:
This...

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
You need to access the Boot Menu (Guide: http://www.howtogeek.com/126016/three-ways-to-access-the-windows-8-boot-options-menu/). Once you do:

Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced Options.
Select Command Prompt from list of options.
When Command Prompt appears, enter the following lines and press Enter after each line in order to run it:
bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /fixboot
Some users are also suggesting that you need to run additional chkdsk commands as well. To perform these commands, you need to know drive letters for all your hard drive partitions. In Command Prompt you should enter the following (but remember to use the letters that match your hard drive partitions on your PC):
chkdsk /r c:
chkdsk /r d:
This is just our example, so keep in mind that you have to perform chkdsk command for every hard drive partition that you have.

Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

You may also want to consider backing up your PC with either a disk imager (i.e. Macrium Reflect) or a snapshot tool (i.e. RollBack Rx)

Solution