[SOLVED] Help! stuttering in some games with i5 9600k

Silver Shroud

Prominent
Feb 17, 2019
System Specs:
CPU: Intel I5 9600K (at 5ghz)
Motherboard: Asus Z390-A
Ram: Corsair vengeance rgb pro 2x8 (3200mhz)
GPU: Rtx 2070 Evga Ultra
PSU: Evga Gold rated 750watt

I keep getting stuttering (microstuttering and more heavy stuttering) in certain games like COD MW 2019, The Forest, Subnautica.

I just recently upgraded the Motherboard, Cpu, and Psu for Christmas.

The Frametimes can be very bad, especially when playing the COD MW 2019's campaign.

Is it the amount of threads and cores of the I5 9600k that is causing the stuttering and should I upgrade maybe to the i7 9700k in the future? (or a cpu with 2x the number of threads compared to the cores?)

Solution
Motherboard drivers up to date? Bios too?
Gpu drivers are clean installed using Display Driver Uninstaller?
Windows is up to date? IF this wasn't a fresh build, was Windows reinstalled after changing the motherboard?
Cpu and gpu temps are good?
PC is free of viruses and malware?
Storage drives are in good condition?
You're not playing cracks?

If all the above checks out fine, then I'd say yes, you're experiencing frametime drops due to the limited threads of the 9600K. Even the 5.0ghz OC doesn't help when the cpu doesn't have any extra resources to use.

should I upgrade maybe to the i7 9700k in the future?
I wouldn't bother with any non-hyperthreaded or non-SMT(the AMD version) cpu. No telling how much longer the 9700K has...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Motherboard drivers up to date? Bios too?
Gpu drivers are clean installed using Display Driver Uninstaller?
Windows is up to date? IF this wasn't a fresh build, was Windows reinstalled after changing the motherboard?
Cpu and gpu temps are good?
PC is free of viruses and malware?
Storage drives are in good condition?
You're not playing cracks?

If all the above checks out fine, then I'd say yes, you're experiencing frametime drops due to the limited threads of the 9600K. Even the 5.0ghz OC doesn't help when the cpu doesn't have any extra resources to use.

should I upgrade maybe to the i7 9700k in the future?
I wouldn't bother with any non-hyperthreaded or non-SMT(the AMD version) cpu. No telling how much longer the 9700K has before it runs into the same problem.
9900K, or bust, but you will need a new cooler as well for that thing.

Solution
Feb 22, 2020
As Phaaze88 said, you should check your drivers for updates. Could you please specify your storage device? (HDD? SSD?) because if youre running an HDD games might stutter as it may suffer from the slower speeds of an HDD when it needs to load something.