[SOLVED] Help Super Weird Problem, new Cpu,Mobo and Ram and online games wont play.

Mar 3, 2019
Hey People sorry if this is in the wrong section.

First time ever writing on a forum asking for advice, but i feel this problem is just so weird, I want to see if anyone can come up with a solution.
A quick background, I have worked in computer retail for a number of years and in my spare time have built plenty of systems and offered computer troubleshooting to anyone that required it so i am relatively computer savvy.

So as title said I have installed a 2700x, Rog Strix 470-f Gaming and 32gb ddr4 3000mhz Team group ram (2x16gb) upgrading from my old amd 8350, and 8gb system.

The SSD and HDDs from the old system have remained as these are pretty new (1Tb samsung 860 evo , 2tb wd blue and an archive drive i ripped from and 8tb back-up plus.)

The problem started after installing my new parts, everything ran fine in regards to general use, ie was able to download drivers, steam, chrome, revit. I was even able to download all my games on steam and watch YouTube at 4k (not on a 4k display just to check speed was sufficient). Here is where it gets a little strange so when i try to play rocket league, cs go, dirt Rally 2.0(works but wont save so therefore useless) none of the online play would work. so I would get into a game the loading screen would happen and just as the game is about to start I get kicked or in the case of RL i get to the countdown and either get to drive around but have a disconnect logo in the corner for a minute. I have tried other games to rule this out as a local problem, Fortnite and a few origin games. The only game that works online was league of legends. Now all of these games play in solo modes, i can do training mode in RL and play against bots in cs:go.

Ok now for some of the things i have done to try and rule out certain factors.

Initially I thought router was being the problem so i spent hours port forwarding, resetting, turning off and on firewalls (The virgin media router is slow) In the end I tethered my phone using 4g and this still caused the same issue to repeat itself.

I deleted and installed the drivers again.
I updated the bios.
I ran ipconfig refresh renew netsh winsock refresh the whole lot. (not exactly like that but you get what I mean)
I took out a stick of Ram.
I changed my GPU back to my old 780
I formatted all my drives and reinstalled windows several times.(This didnt work)
I turned off my Windows firewalls.
I have returned and bought a new motherboard (Previous one was the Msi x470 gaming pro carbon as I believed this was the initial problem. )
I dont Run a Anti-Virus (never have)(also just so that a solution isn't to turn off AV)
I downloaded malwarebytes and ran a full scan (on afresh system silly I know but after 3 days of troubleshooting I was getting desperate)
In the end the only thing that was a solution was to reinstall my old mobo (it worked Immediately) but is not really a solution because I have just bought all these new parts.
I am getting a friend to bring over his ddr4 ram later to try see if it is a ram issue but doubtful.

I am at the end of my tether with this and the only things that I have been unable to test have been the CPU and Ram but I cant see how these could disconnect me from playing and online game.

Much help will be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Update

So after the trying everything I realised that the only possible problem could have been the cpu as I had replaced everything else, I RMAd it to overclockers who must have also found a problem because 2 days later a brand new 2700x arrives in the post.

So i installed the CPU and everything works again. Also scores higher in Cinebench so win win.

So after 4 days of troubleshooting absolutely everything it ends up being the one item I never thought it could be but alas, a solution was found and I am happy again.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Mar 3, 2019
ok so go to steam settings, download tab, bottom of page, try clearing the download cache it may help you connect better.
You might have missed my Previous reply sorry I replied twice, It is also in origin games as well as fortnite, which are not steam games so its not steam specific, becasue as soon as i change my motherboard back to my old one steam games and fortnite and origin all work fine. But again thanks for the reply.

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
You might have missed my Previous reply sorry I replied twice, It is also in origin games as well as fortnite, which are not steam games so its not steam specific, becasue as soon as i change my motherboard back to my old one steam games and fortnite and origin all work fine. But again thanks for the reply.
oh sorry I guess I was typing and missed it. Very strange that your old motherboard solves the problem. …..

Mar 3, 2019
Update

So after the trying everything I realised that the only possible problem could have been the cpu as I had replaced everything else, I RMAd it to overclockers who must have also found a problem because 2 days later a brand new 2700x arrives in the post.

So i installed the CPU and everything works again. Also scores higher in Cinebench so win win.

So after 4 days of troubleshooting absolutely everything it ends up being the one item I never thought it could be but alas, a solution was found and I am happy again.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Solution