Question Help Surround Soundcard 7.1

JediMa

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2013
I want to get a 7.1 soundcard for gaming to pair with my headset . The first option seems to be GSX 1000 but it's also quite expensive, there are better and cheaper options ? I was thinking about Soundblaster X3 and few more.

Ok Sennheiser GSP 500 and AKG K712 pro (on more for gaming the 2nd if mainly for music)
Realtek integrated one
Italy :) ciao!
With those headsets a good DAC/AMP would be beneficial. I have a set of GSP 600 and K712 Pro and have paired them with a Soundblaster X7. If anything it is the K712 Pro’s that benefit the most from the X7 and are my preferred gaming headset when I don’t need a microphone.

I only bought the X7 as I got it cheap. It is why I asked what country you are in as in the UK their is an online 2nd hand store that gives a 2 year warranty and is where I bought mine.

I know the GSX1000 is highly recommended for gaming, I nearly bought it myself until I found the X1 for cheap. I will say I am pleased after buying a separate DAC/AMP.

Reactions: JediMa

JediMa

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2013
With those headsets a good DAC/AMP would be beneficial. I have a set of GSP 600 and K712 Pro and have paired them with a Soundblaster X7. If anything it is the K712 Pro’s that benefit the most from the X7 and are my preferred gaming headset when I don’t need a microphone.

I only bought the X7 as I got it cheap. It is why I asked what country you are in as in the UK their is an online 2nd hand store that gives a 2 year warranty and is where I bought mine.

I know the GSX1000 is highly recommended for gaming, I nearly bought it myself until I found the X1 for cheap. I will say I am pleased after buying a separate DAC/AMP.
I'm using now a FiiO A5 (portable amp) just to add power and it's already a nice improvement but it's with battery so it's not the optimal option. X7 here costs too much 229 euros (more than GSX) . I mentioned X3 because costs 144 euros on amazon.it ( vs 225 euros of GSX ) but i don't know if it's good or not.
When I was using the 7.1 of the dedicated cared of my old HyperX Revolver S the surround was very good (not the headeset)

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS