Windows XP and 2000
Athlon 1800+
Abit KR7A-RAID
Gainward GeForce3 64MB
2x WD400BB in RAID 0 configuration
512MB Crucial PC2100 cas2.5
SB Live! 5.1
3 COM 905B 10/100 ethernet card

My system was running completely fine until 4 days ago. I havn't really made any hardware changes, but my system decided to become unstable all the sudden. Several minutes after I log on, my mouse pointer stops. The mouse pointer doesn't move on the screen, but it still exists. I know this because I can still click on things wherever the mouse pointer would be if it were working (I just can't see the pointer).
Soon after this happens, I get a blue screen that says there was an error in nv4 or nv4_dsp (which is an nVidia display driver), Windows has shut down to prevent system damage. When windows restarts, the box in XP says that "Windows has recovered from a serious error caused by the GeForce3"
This problem has be at the end of my wits. I just replaced my motherboard once, and already its giving me problems. All suggestions are appreciated.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by gjkozick on 02/13/02 09:15 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

svol

Champion
Do you have installed the latest drivers from NVidia's site and did you install the latest Via 4-in-1 drivers?

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

svol

Champion
Then it could be too high temps or a too weak powersupply (atleast 300W).
Also check if you don't have any Resource Conflicts {ie. IRQ conflicts) and try with other mouse drivers, if you use the drivers supplied with your mouse then try the Windows default drivers.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .