Question Help system won’t start. Just blue light on motherboard

Jul 1, 2024
Hi guys new here, I used to be a tech but been outta that world for a while. So friend asked could I fix computer that’s not booting. Yeah I said 🙄 so what I’ve done is take it apart bit by bit seeing if that’s the issue but nothing. I’ve taken out RAM disconnected graphics card, changed the power supply. Double checked all things connected to the motherboard still nothing. *****So what happens is when powered on the blue power light on the MB comes on. But when you press power there is a red light flash on the motherboard the fan comes on for two secs max then dies. And no matter what I try/remove it will not start. I’ve read the similar problems here but none seem to be my issue. I just pray I don’t have to tell her she needs a new motherboard. Any clues guys would be SO appreciated. 🙏🕉️🙏

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Jul 1, 2024
Without it starting I can’t even get into the BIOS so it’s tough to know this info. I’ll ask my mate is she knows any of the specs but I doubt it. Btw 🙏 thank you as I much for the welcome and REALLY quick reply.

Latest posts