Question HELP System won't Turn on After being off for a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David E 1774

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
I have this somewhat old gaming pc that’s about 5 years old and always had problems with it since the start. A few weeks ago I moved it and when I turn it on it would not give me a signal. (The HDMI cable and monitor work fine with another laptop) I took out the ram cleaned it with a soft brush and an eraser but that did not fix it. I disconnect the GPU power cable and turn it on by mistake, so I turned it off and waited 1 min and plug it back in and it gave me a signal. I played my game, & shut it off for the night. the next day it would not turn on. This will be called my little hack. So I turned off the pc I disconnected the GPU power cable turn it on. Then I turn it off and connected the power cable back and it gave a signal this work for a few days then it stops working even with this little “hack” I was doing. Then somehow I got it back working after 6 hours (don’t know how I got it working) since then it has been on 24/7 I want it to be able to shut it down all the way. Also a few days ago the pc crash and the green went screen and has this wired noise coming from my headphones. It was Just green it did not say anything a simple restart fixed it this has happened twice

I want to upgrade this pc as the CPU and the motherboard as the CPU is an Fx-6300 from 2012 and the motherboard takes ddr3 which is highly expensive. I want to switch to a motherboard that takes ddr4 and a new CPU I don’t want to upgrade if my pc won’t turn on I would highly appreciate it if you could see what is causing the problem and how to fix it

I also tried

Trying to turn the computer on with either RAM stick connected at a time.
Holding the power button for 60 seconds whilst the power cable is removed.

I'm thinking that's it is the motherboard as there have been bad reviews about it. It could also be the GPU as its a signal issue
Hardware:

Computer Type: Desktop

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6300 six core Processor 3.50GHz with (stock fan) factory settings

GPU: GPU: Asus Strix-R9380-DC2OC-4GD5-GAMING (Factory Settings)
Short: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series

Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING (MS-7693)
Factory settings

BIOS Mode: UEFI
BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. V22.3 5/12/2015

PSU: Sea Sonic S12II-620 Bronze 80+ 620 Watts about three years old and it’s in good condition

Ram - 1st stick 4gb 2nd stick- 8gb (different manufactures)

Storage: 1 TB hard drive, 120GB SSD (windows on SSD)

Have a DVD burner but it’s not connected

Edit: I do not have any of my data back-ups and I'm currently typing this on my computer that could not give my signal. I'm afraid that if I turn it off it will not be able to give me a signal again. I can restart it and log out of the user without having to open the case up and discontented the cables and plug them back in

On the Reliability History, everything was fine until I moved the Desktop or was not recording then as I have no information from 12/4/2020 and back but do have information from 12/5/2020 to the present date.

On 12/16/2020 I had the same problem like on 12/4/2020 and it recorded all of the times I Shut down (not properly) even though It was giving me no signal.

Okay so on 12/16/2020 at 12:05 am two updates happened
Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the following update: 9NG1H8B3ZC7M-Microsoft.MixedReality.Portal

&

Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the following update: 9NBLGGH2JHXJ-MICROSOFT.MINECRAFTUWP

and it recorded the times when I shut down the pc while I was trying to fix it windows was noticed that I turned off my computer but I was getting no signal during that time. This makes me think that it's my GPU causing the problem or is it the connection of the GPU to my motherboard as it's giving me a signal as I type this or the motherboard connection to the GPU

I went and looked at date 12/4/2020 and 12/16/2020 this happened on both of these dates it said the following "The amdacpksd service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified

also, remember that through 12/4/2020-12/16/2020 my "hack" working until 12/16/2020 the thing is I had this error last night on 1/4/2021 while the computer was on
so I don't think it's this error and this is the only error that happened on both days.

This is what I have if you need any information let me know and i will get to you soon as possible (if you are wondering how my computer is on I let the monitor go to sleep and not the pc you might say you have a working computer deal with it the thing is it's on 24/7 it's not the worst but not the best computer as it taking power out of my electricity bill and want this fix)

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Do you have all important data backed up along with a system recovery disk?

Just be aware that anything you do may cause further problems if there is some ongoing hardware problem.

On your next successful boot look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with the times the computer failed to turn on,

David E 1774

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Do you have all important data backed up along with a system recovery disk?

Just be aware that anything you do may cause further problems if there is some ongoing hardware problem.

On your next successful boot look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with the times the computer failed to turn on,
I update the story and added the hadware and I was able to turn it on and I’m currently looking at the reliability history and event viewer thanks