Question Help! The file cannot be accessed by the system error

Jul 26, 2022
I am trying to uninstall and re-install Nvidia drivers with DDU but when I go into safe mode I cannot open DDU or any file at all. Every file has same error message: "The file cannot be accessed by the system" ERROR 0x80070780

I've only ever made 1 account on pc which I am administrator so not sure what is going on. There is guest account but I never sign into it and auto log-in to my main account. When I am in safe mode I am signed in on my main admin account. Just to make sure it wasn't a permission or security problem I manually gave full control to everyone for every drive and file on pc. Still get the same error message in safe mode. I Also tried sharing all the files but didn't work.

I tried moving the folder with DDU to C/drive D/drive Desktop, USB still same error. Then I opened the folder and opened the file with the DDU application and went to properties and gave access to everyone but still cant open in safe mode. But its not just that folder I cant open any folder at all in safe mode. Not even the normal downloads folder. Everything is synced in one drive also

I tried SFC /scannow but there was no errors or corrupted files. Everything opens and works perfect when not in safe mode. DDU and the Nvidia newest drivers folder I downloaded work fine I can open and start the DDU uninstall and the Nvidia driver download. The video online said to do DDU in safe mode and I did exactly what he did but I keep getting that stupid error.
I did some research and one article said you cannot open or edit any files in safe mode that are on a Hard drive, SSD, or USB. I didn't know that, I have never used safe mode. Where do I need to download the DDU to? It was going to my C/Drive in my downloads folder. Any help would be great thanks in advance!

I am trying to uninstall and re-install Nvidia drivers with DDU but when I go into safe mode I cannot open DDU or any file at all. Every file has same error message: "The file cannot be accessed by the system" ERROR 0x80070780

I've only ever made 1 account on pc which I am administrator so not sure what is going on. There is guest account but I never sign into it and auto log-in to my main account. When I am in safe mode I am signed in on my main admin account. Just to make sure it wasn't a permission or security problem I manually gave full control to everyone for every drive and file on pc. Still get the same error message in safe mode. I Also tried sharing all the files but didn't work.

I tried moving the folder with DDU to C/drive D/drive Desktop, USB still same error. Then I opened the folder and opened the file with the DDU application and went to properties and gave access to everyone but still cant open in safe mode. But its not just that folder I cant open any folder at all in safe mode. Not even the normal downloads folder. Everything is synced in one drive also

I tried SFC /scannow but there was no errors or corrupted files. Everything opens and works perfect when not in safe mode. DDU and the Nvidia newest drivers folder I downloaded work fine I can open and start the DDU uninstall and the Nvidia driver download. The video online said to do DDU in safe mode and I did exactly what he did but I keep getting that stupid error.
I did some research and one article said you cannot open or edit any files in safe mode that are on a Hard drive, SSD, or USB. I didn't know that, I have never used safe mode. Where do I need to download the DDU to? It was going to my C/Drive in my downloads folder. Any help would be great thanks in advance!
Error 0x80070780: The file cannot be accessed by the system. This error can arise due to restricted permissions for certain files in non-admin user accounts. So, some users might need to change their user accounts to admin alternatives.

Jul 26, 2022
Error 0x80070780: The file cannot be accessed by the system. This error can arise due to restricted permissions for certain files in non-admin user accounts. So, some users might need to change their user accounts to admin alternatives.

I'm the only account on the pc besides guest account that I don't use. I gave all the files full control and run as administrator but no dice

Jul 26, 2022
I found out how to open it. The problem was that there is no Onedrive in safe mode. It is disabled and doesn't show up at all.

75% of my files are on my C:/Drive/OneDrive so that's why I couldn't open anything. I just had to move the file to D:/drive to access it in safe mode

Reactions: white.a.drew