[SOLVED] Help! Threadripper 2950x temperature spikes...

orestis151

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
Hello guys.
Yesterday I built my threadripper pc. My cpu is the 2950x. My motherboard is the gigabyte x399 designate ex and for cooling the cpu i bought the NZXT kraken x72.
When I installed hwinfo and and Ryzen Master I noticed that when almost idle (1-3% usage) my cpu temp spikes from 38 to 47 degrees Celsius for a couple of seconds and then lowers back to 38 degrees Celsius. 10 seconds later the same thing happens. My cpu is not overclocked and the cpu voltage is on auto so it gets from 1.175 to even 1.475 volts( a bit high imo) and then drops again to about 1.2 volts. When playing pubg in 1080p ultra setting my cpu temp is about 48-51 degrees Celsius. The aio fans are at 1400 rpm and the pump is at 70-80 percent. In bios my cpu temp is stable at 37 degrees. So are those temperature (and voltage) spikes normal for the 2950x. Also do u think that my cpu temperatures are ok or not??? I would really appreciate an answer because the situation is a bit frustrating...
Thank you in advance

Solution

They’re barely a little high, but you’re perfectly fine. Threadrippers are hot af, so that seems normal.

orestis151

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
Also max temps when stressing the CPU with Aida 64 are about 69°C ( with minor spikes to 72) but I think I can lower those temps by setting the fans at higher

They’re barely a little high, but you’re perfectly fine. Threadrippers are hot af, so that seems normal.

Solution