help!!!!! thunder k7 s2462 will not allow nvidia quadro fx..

Okay I spent the big money on a PNY quadro fx 1100. It will not work.
The screen turns black or it freezes. I have upgraded to the latest
bios, chipsets, and up and down on the video drivers. Everything on
should work. I even sent back the first card thinking that was the
problem. The second and third cards did not work either. I had an Elsa
synergy III it worked great but died. I borrowed one from a friend and
it works great.

What should i do? Is it me or will the s2462 just not handle this
card?

Thanks in advance

Todd

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

"Todd Anderson" <bigtodd@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message
> Okay I spent the big money on a PNY quadro fx 1100. It will not work.
> The screen turns black or it freezes. I have upgraded to the latest
> bios, chipsets, and up and down on the video drivers. Everything on
> should work. I even sent back the first card thinking that was the
> problem. The second and third cards did not work either. I had an Elsa
> synergy III it worked great but died. I borrowed one from a friend and
> it works great.
>
> What should i do? Is it me or will the s2462 just not handle this
> card?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Todd

The first suspect, as usual, would be the PSU.

- What PSU are you using?
- I'm not familiar with the Elsa Synergy III - did it require an additional
connection to the PSU? (I know the Quadro does.)

Secondly, I notice that the Quadro requires an AGP 2.0 compliant slot. I
don't know if the AGP slot in the 2462 is 2.0 compliant or not, but I just
thought I'd throw it out there.

Ken

Ken,
Thanks for your help.

I have brand new PSU. the slot is slated for agp 2.0. I have swaped
everything out in different systems and each component works fine.

I did get a Tyan tech email this morning saying it was an incompatible
chipset problem. I wonder who is supposed to fix it TYAN or PNY?

Hopefully i will get answer to that question soon.I would really love
to use this card. I dread having to return it and find a different
one.

Thanks again for you help
todd

> The first suspect, as usual, would be the PSU.
>
> - What PSU are you using?
> - I'm not familiar with the Elsa Synergy III - did it require an additional
> connection to the PSU? (I know the Quadro does.)
>
> Secondly, I notice that the Quadro requires an AGP 2.0 compliant slot. I
> don't know if the AGP slot in the 2462 is 2.0 compliant or not, but I just
> thought I'd throw it out there.
>
> Ken

BT

Todd,
I had the same problem except with a GeForce FX 5600 Ultra based card. After
researching it for about two weeks, I found that it is problem with the AMD
762 chipset (Not sure if it affects the 726MPX). I remember reading on a
website, I think it was www.2cpu.com, that there is no fix for it and there
is none planned.

I ended up dumpping the Thunder K7 after my power supply died. I replaced it
with the Tiger K8W which is a great board.

Ben

> Ken,
> Thanks for your help.
>
> I have brand new PSU. the slot is slated for agp 2.0. I have swaped
> everything out in different systems and each component works fine.
>
> I did get a Tyan tech email this morning saying it was an incompatible
> chipset problem. I wonder who is supposed to fix it TYAN or PNY?
>
> Hopefully i will get answer to that question soon.I would really love
> to use this card. I dread having to return it and find a different
> one.
>
> Thanks again for you help
> todd
>

> > The first suspect, as usual, would be the PSU.
> >
> > - What PSU are you using?
> > - I'm not familiar with the Elsa Synergy III - did it require an
additional
> > connection to the PSU? (I know the Quadro does.)
> >
> > Secondly, I notice that the Quadro requires an AGP 2.0 compliant slot. I
> > don't know if the AGP slot in the 2462 is 2.0 compliant or not, but I
just
> > thought I'd throw it out there.
> >
> > Ken

Latest posts